[Paraview] OverView build testing?

Zak Burke zak.burke at gmail.com
Sat Oct 24 09:07:39 EDT 2009

On Sat, Oct 24, 2009 at 8:51 AM, David E DeMarle
<dave.demarle at kitware.com> wrote:
> ctest (the regression test tester that comes with cmake) is used to run them
> ctest -R "regexp" and ctest -I start,stop,slice will run subsets of them
> ctest -V will run them and tee the logs to the console
> the logs show the actual commands used to run the tests and test
> output messages among other things

Fabulous! I had only looked at the OverView build instructions, not
the ParaView build page, which does mention ctest under the headline,
"Test VTK with the Parallel BGL"

    https://www.kitware.com/InfovisWiki/index.php/Dev:Building_Software

Curiously, the SQL test passed with my Xcode build:

      2/356 Testing QVTK-TestQtSQLDatabase           Passed

even though the Data menu is missing the SQLDatabaseGraphSource and
SQLDatabaseTableSource items. Hmmmmmm. Ah well; knowing how to test is
a great start.

Thanks!

Zak