[Paraview] PV 3.4.0

Berk Geveci berk.geveci at kitware.com
Mon Oct 19 09:53:04 EDT 2009

> As newer version of PV are released, is there a file that shows what the new
> features are?

We send out a release announcement but it would be good to have the
release notes on the download page. I'll see if we can do that.

> I use PV 3.4.0 and doing animations requires that I cannot change my screen
> while the animation frames are being made. There are 800 sets of data so it
> takes time during which I cannot work.
> The offscreen option made help but I believe that it has been reported that
> a bug exists in 3.4.0 when using it. Has the offscreen bug been fixed in
> later releases?

It depends on what you mean :-) The bug has always been on the
graphics card drivers. If you have a somewhat recent graphics card
that is not one of the piece-of-crap Intel cards, it should work. I'd
suggest trying it out.

-berk