[Paraview] Recent Xdmf volume rendering

Eric E. Monson emonson at cs.duke.edu
Wed Nov 25 16:33:52 EST 2009

Hey all,

I just noticed today that I can't volume render my Xdmf ImageData sets
in CVS ParaView (today's -- OS X 10.5.8, serial build, Qt 4.5.2 cocoa,
cmake 2.9.20091003).

With the binary PV 3.6.1 I can load in a temporal collection or single
3DCoRectMesh and it  volume renders fine. With current 3.7 (now using
vtkXdmfReader2, I assume), this data shows up as "Image (Uniform
Rectilinear Grid) with blanking" and I can choose volume rendering but
nothing shows up in the render window.

Volume rendering of a Wavelet Source works just fine, so I'm wondering
what the "with blanking" part is, and if that's what's causing my
trouble?

Thanks,
-Eric