[Paraview] paraview as a mesh editor?

Richard Beare richard.beare at gmail.com
Thu Mar 26 20:57:01 EDT 2009

Hi,

I was wondering whether there are any options that allow some
interactive editing of mesh objects in paraview? Is this a capability
that can be included in the existing pipeline structure or is it
completely outside the design. My reason for thinking about paraview
for this application is that the meshes represent objects in 3D
images, and seeing the image while editing the mesh helps a lot.
Paraview can display a mesh and the image together,  which seems like
a reasonable starting point. Any other suggestions? So far the tools
with the right mesh manipulation facilities seem to be animation based
(blender) or CAD oriented (meshlab).

Thanks