[Paraview] Qt4.5...

Michael Wild themiwi at gmail.com
Mon Mar 16 03:57:12 EDT 2009

On 15. Mar, 2009, at 23:37, paraview-request at paraview.org wrote:

> Message: 7
> Date: Sun, 15 Mar 2009 18:35:23 -0400
> From: Berk Geveci <berk.geveci at kitware.com>
> Subject: Re: [Paraview] Qt4.5...
> To: "Glenn Tarbox, PhD" <glenn at tarbox.org>
> Cc: paraview at paraview.org
>
> Yes. After we release 3.6, we are going to move to Qt 4.5 as quickly
> as we can. It should work with Qt 4.5 now btw. It is not tested
> though. Let us know if you run into any issues.
>
> -berk
>
> On Sun, Mar 15, 2009 at 5:08 PM, Glenn Tarbox, PhD
> <glenn at tarbox.org> wrote:
>> When trying to compile the Paraview the other day, it complained
>> about not
>> working with Qt 4.5.? I'm guessing this is in the works but figured
>> I'd
>> ask.? I don't really have the option of going back to 4.4 or 4.3...
>>
>> thanks,
>>
>> -glenn
>>
>> --
>> *** Note: New Number
>> Glenn H. Tarbox, PhD || ?206-274-6919

Well, I tried to force it to use Qt 4.5 on a SuSE 10.3 machine. It
compiled just fine, but when I try to run paraview, it crashes
immediately with an FPE. I have to admit that this was a modified
version of ParaView, so it very well be my own fault... So far I had
no time investigate what the issue is.

Michael