[Paraview] Qt4.5...

Steven Janzou sjanzou at gmail.com
Sun Mar 15 22:34:49 EDT 2009

Glenn, Berk,

I have compiled the paraview 3.5 CVS code with Qt4.5 - I changed the
main CMakeLists.txt to allow for Qt4.5 - line 111:

                STRING(REGEX MATCH "^4\\.5\\.[0-9]+" qt_version4_5_tmp
"${QTVERSION}")
        IF (NOT qt_version4_5_tmp)
          MESSAGE(SEND_ERROR "Qt ${QTVERSION} not supported.  Please
use Qt 4.3 (you may need to clean your dirtied cache).")
#	ELSE (NOT qt_version4_5_tmp)
#  	  MESSAGE("WARNING: You are using Qt ${QTVERSION}. Officially
supported version is Qt 4.3")
	ENDIF (NOT qt_version4_5_tmp)
#      ELSE (NOT qt_version4_4_tmp)
#        MESSAGE("WARNING: You are using Qt ${QTVERSION}. Officially
supported version is Qt 4.3")

The only issue so far has been adding the QVTKWidgetPlugin.dll -
receive error message:

"The plugin QVTKWidgetPlugin.dll uses an incompatible Qt library.
(Cannot mix debug and release libraries.)"

Looking at the message, it maybe that I built Qt4.5 in release mode
and Paraview 3.5.0 in debug mode - I have not had a chance to verify.

Also, define the PV_PLUGIN_PATH to be the location of the executable -
all the plugins are placed in the paraview.exe folder and not in a
plugins subfolder when doing a debug build with VS2008.

Steve