[Paraview] pqLoadFromObjectPanel and implicit_functions

Nehme Bilal nehmebilal at gmail.com
Thu Mar 12 09:25:48 EDT 2009

Hi,

If I use an implicit_functions in a plugin, like Box, Plane or Sphere,
it will provides it's own gui and add it to the existing gui of the
plugin. But if I use a Qt designer gui, I can't access the gui of the
implicit_functions and the 3D widgets will not show up in the 3D view
!
Is there a way to solve this problem ? ( I know that I can use
pqAutoGeneratedObjectPanel but it will take me long time to reproduce
my current custom panel )
To use the implicit implicit_functions I added this code to my xml file:

      <ProxyProperty name="CutFunction" command="SetCutFunction"
         label="Slice Type">
        <ProxyGroupDomain name="groups">
          <Group name="implicit_functions"/>
        </ProxyGroupDomain>
           <ProxyListDomain name="proxy_list">
              <Proxy group="implicit_functions" name="Plane" />
              <Proxy group="implicit_functions" name="Box" />
              <Proxy group="implicit_functions" name="Sphere" />
              <Proxy group="implicit_functions" name="Scalar" />
           </ProxyListDomain>
        <Documentation>
          This property sets the parameters of the slice function.
        </Documentation>
      </ProxyProperty>

I am not sure also if this is the proper way of using
implicit_functions. ( The plan widget never show up in the 3D view ! )

Thank you,
Nehme