[Paraview] Question about inheritance in paraview(vtk)

Biao She shebiao at gmail.com
Mon Mar 9 14:17:11 EDT 2009

Hi everyone. This might be a silly question, but I am really confused.
I am writing a class inherites from vtkDICOMImageReader. In the header file
of vtkDICOMImageReader class, there are some forward declaration of these
classes: vtkDICOMImageReaderVector, DICOMParser and DICOMAppHelper. The
definition of these classes are included in the .cxx file. Normally, I
should be able to use the methods in those classes in my class. However, I
found that whenever I want to use something like
"this->Parser->ClearAllDICOMTagCallbacks()" in my class. The compiler gives
me back an error says that "invalid use of undefined type 'structure
DICOMParser". In the above, "Parser" is an instance of DICOMParser. The same
situation also happen to DICOMAppHelper and vtkDICOMImageReaderVector.
Thanks very much for any of your help.

Biao