[Paraview] SQLite to XY Plot

Jeff Baumes jeff.baumes at kitware.com
Mon Mar 9 10:05:14 EDT 2009

On Mon, Mar 9, 2009 at 7:01 AM, Steven Janzou <sjanzou at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have a sqlite database that has many time based metric results and I
> would like to plot these and be able to do a comparison over different
> sqlite databases.
>
> So, what is the best way to get the query results into a format that
> can be displayed as an XYPlot?

You would create an instance of vtkSQLiteDatabase and point it to your
sqlite file. You set that as the database in vtkRowQueryToTable.
ParaView's vtkCSVWriter allows you to write this table as a .csv file,
which ParaView can read directly. You should be able to load a
2-column table into the existing chart view.

If you feel adventurous, you can compile from CVS with
PARAVIEW_BUILD_OverView on. This will build a set of plugins for
ParaView, one of which is a SQL Table Reader. You can run paraview and
load the related plugin manually. This enables ParaView to directly
read from sqlite, along with other SQL database types.

Jeff