[Paraview] Paraview 3.6 (Windows) dowload issues and CSV clarification

Lester Anderson lester_anderson1963 at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 22 12:12:19 EDT 2009

Hi Utkarsh

Downloaded the new windows version and it seems to work ok; haven't tested it fully yet on the CSV option.

The table to points filter works without issue - generating points and assigning attributes from the variable(s). The table to structured grid however fails with three copies of the error message:

ERROR: In ..\..\..\src\VTK\Graphics\vtkTableToStructuredGrid.cxx, line 98
vtkPTableToStructuredGrid (0A195768): The input table must have exactly 1 rows. Currently it has 8 rows.

ERROR: In ..\..\..\src\VTK\Filtering\vtkExecutive.cxx, line 757
vtkCompositeDataPipeline (0A1952A0): Algorithm vtkPTableToStructuredGrid(0A195768) returned failure for request: vtkInformation (09987D80)
  Debug: Off
  Modified Time: 9473124
  Reference Count: 1
  Registered Events: (none)
  Request: REQUEST_DATA
  FORWARD_DIRECTION: 0
  ALGORITHM_AFTER_FORWARD: 1
  FROM_OUTPUT_PORT: 0

ERROR: In ..\..\..\src\VTK\Graphics\vtkTableToStructuredGrid.cxx, line 98
vtkPTableToStructuredGrid (0A195768): The input table must have exactly 1 rows. Currently it has 8 rows.

ERROR: In ..\..\..\src\VTK\Filtering\vtkExecutive.cxx, line 757
vtkCompositeDataPipeline (0A1952A0): Algorithm vtkPTableToStructuredGrid(0A195768) returned failure for request: vtkInformation (09987D80)
  Debug: Off
  Modified Time: 9473227
  Reference Count: 1
  Registered Events: (none)
  Request: REQUEST_DATA
  FORWARD_DIRECTION: 0
  ALGORITHM_AFTER_FORWARD: 1
  FROM_OUTPUT_PORT: 0

ERROR: In ..\..\..\src\VTK\Graphics\vtkTableToStructuredGrid.cxx, line 98
vtkPTableToStructuredGrid (0A195768): The input table must have exactly 1 rows. Currently it has 8 rows.

ERROR: In ..\..\..\src\VTK\Filtering\vtkExecutive.cxx, line 757
vtkCompositeDataPipeline (0A1952A0): Algorithm vtkPTableToStructuredGrid(0A195768) returned failure for request: vtkInformation (0A1FDED0)
  Debug: Off
  Modified Time: 9493666
  Reference Count: 1
  Registered Events: (none)
  Request: REQUEST_DATA
  FORWARD_DIRECTION: 0
  ALGORITHM_AFTER_FORWARD: 1
  FROM_OUTPUT_PORT: 0
I have just tried a very quick data cube to test the basic functionality:

X, Y, Z, V1, V2
0, 1, 0, 1, 2
0, 0, 1, 2, 1
1, 0, 0, 1, 2
1, 1, 0, 2, 3
0, 1, 1, 3, 4
1, 1, 1, 3, 5
0, 0, 0, 6, 2
1, 0, 1, 3, 5

As expected it will generate the eight points of the cube. Is something extra required to generate a structured (or unstructured) grid that can then be sliced etc? Perhaps if you have a working example that shows the table to points/table to structured grid working properly. I have only tested on Windows XP at present.

Lester