[Paraview] Paraview 3.6 (Windows) dowload issues and CSV clarification

Lester Anderson lester_anderson1963 at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 22 08:55:39 EDT 2009

Hello

Just seen the announcement for Paraview 3.6 being released, but at the download page it is disabled. Is there a major problem with the release? I use Paraview 3.4 on both Windows XP (SP3) and Vista.

I understand from the release note that it now supports tabular-data structures (like CSV). Now just to clarify, does this mean that it will now be able to load data in the following format:

e.g. XYZ(position) C(value)

1 1 1 5
1 2 1 2
2 1 2 4
2 4 1 5
3 1 3 7 etc

Will the program understand the use of any delimiter, like a space or will it expect a comma (for true CSV)? Can it accept several entries for the value at position XYZ e.g. XYZC1 XYZC2 XYZC3 etc, such that we can define varied properties at a given positional point.

Look forward to testing the new version when it's available to download!

Lester