[Paraview] [Xdmf] constant grid, changing attributes

John Biddiscombe biddisco at cscs.ch
Sun Jul 19 17:17:56 EDT 2009

Dominik

I have made changes to Xdmf and vtkXdmfReader to handle new attributes
which are
TopologyConstant and GeometryConstant within a temporal collection.

unfortunately, our Xdmf is branching quite a bit from the CVS version so
I can't guarantee that you can use it out of the box. If you want to
try, then have a look at look at the reader in here
https://svn.cscs.ch/pv-meshless/trunk/Utilities/Xdmf2/vtk/
I'll attach an XML example of the new attribs.

We also have a new XdmfWriter (not in above repository location), but it
only works on special cases of data so I'm not sure if you can use it
directly. The reader ought to at least function with CVS Xdmf. Maybe you
can tweak your own Xdmf writing to add the attribs. If you are writing
unstructured grids, then I can help, if not, perhaps we can talk off
list and get something up and running.

NB : The attached xmf file has a temporal collection of multiblock
(spatial collection ) datasets, some have constant topology/geometry
others do not. The test is a rotating mixer inside a static region.

NB2 : I am currently on vacation, so I may not respond rapidly for a
further week.

JB