[Paraview] constant grid, changing attributes

Dominik Szczerba dominik at itis.ethz.ch
Thu Jul 9 10:08:00 EDT 2009

Is XDMF efficiently handling grids where the grid does not change in
time, but the attributes do? I mean: will it be smart to only read the
grid definition once and return the same instance every time a new
timestep is requested?

Will it efficiently handle cases where the geometry changes, but
topology not?

Motivation behind: I have long time series of unstructured grids where
the grids either do not change or change only topology. It takes (too)
long to play them in Paraview.

Thanks,
Dominik