[Paraview] Multiple servers

David E DeMarle dave.demarle at kitware.com
Wed Jul 15 15:53:50 EDT 2009

Yes.

If you compile paraview from source and turn MPI on, then the server
process can be run as a parallel job (mpirun -np N pvserver).
Connecting to that parallel server and using it is no different than
the client/serial-server case.

I vaguely recall that the Mac binaries are compiled this way, and can
be used directly. Mac are treated differently because the MPI library
on Macs is more standardized than elsewhere.

David E DeMarle
Kitware, Inc.
R&D Engineer
28 Corporate Drive