[Paraview] ParaView python

pat marion pat.marion at kitware.com
Thu Jul 9 15:19:59 EDT 2009

Hi,

This is because paraview does not import all the vtk libraries, I
suppose to save time, but maybe there are other reasons.

Try this from paraview:

print paraview.vtk.__file__

And you'll get /pat/to/Utilities/VTKPythonWrapping/paraview/vtk/__init__.pyc

Now open this file in an editor (replace .pyc with .py) and you'll see
which vtk libraries are being imported from paraview.  Now compare
these to the vtk/__init__.py file when you import vtk from the vtk
install.

To get to the vtkDistributedStreamTracer, you can do this:

from libvtkParallelPython import *

or on windows: from vtkParallelPython import *

Pat