[Paraview] ParaView python

Bam Ting bampingting at gmail.com
Thu Jul 9 14:47:14 EDT 2009

in a python shell when I do a

from paraview import vtk

using my paraview install, the resulting imported VTK object is not the same
as when I do a

import vtk

from my vtk install, built from the same ParaView source tree.

For example vtkDistributedStreamTracer is missing  from the vtk object
imported from the paraview install. Actually comparing a ''dir(vtk)'' on
both show the ParaView vtk module is way small compared to the VTK vtk
object. ^The obvious thing to do is to build a serparate VTK build from my
ParaView sources, but I wonder why is the paraview vtk python module so
slim? Are the missing classes in there somewhere else?

Bam