[Paraview] Paraview 3.4.0 accepting connections from multiple servers

Manjunath Sripadarao manjunaths at gmail.com
Tue Jul 7 12:04:47 EDT 2009

If I have a cluster of machines and I am trying to run paraview. I
have 2 GPUs on one machine and I am running 2 X servers one on each of
the GPU. I want to run 2 pvserver instances one on each GPU and have
then distribute the rendering load on the GPUs. The Paraview Client
GUI runs on another machine and needs to accept connections from the
two servers. Is this possible with the 3.4.0 version of Paraview ? It
was possible with the 2.x series, but I am unable to get this running
with the 3.4 series.

If this is my servers.pvsc file and viz3g0 and viz3g1 show up when I
use the File->Connect gui.

<Server name="viz3g0" resource="cs://viz3:11111" owner="site">
   <ManualStartup />
</Server>
<Server name="viz3g1" resource="cs://viz3:11112" owner="site">
   <ManualStartup />
</Server>

I run 2 server using
$ mpirun -np 1 -e DISPLAY=:0 pvserver --client-host=viz2 --server-port=11111 &
$ mpirun -np 1 -e DISPLAY=:1 pvserver --client-host=viz2 --server-port=11112

But I can only choose viz3g0 or viz3g1 from the GUI, but not both. If
I get viz3g0 to connect and then select viz3g1, viz3g0 is
disconnected.

How does one achieve getting multiple servers to connect to a single client ?

Thanks,
Manju