[Paraview] ParaView 3.6.1 crash

Utkarsh Ayachit utkarsh.ayachit at kitware.com
Thu Jul 2 09:22:06 EDT 2009

Qt 4.5 is not officially supported for 3.6 releases so you may run
into issues (not sure this is one of those). However since I can't
reproduce it, can you try if it's reproducible with Qt 4.3.5?

Utkarsh

On Wed, Jul 1, 2009 at 8:27 PM, Wim van der Meer<wpjvandermeer at gmail.com> wrote:
> It is not a debug build. I am also using a linux 64 bit platform.
> Maybe I should mention that I am using Qt 4.5.0
> Here is the output when using gdb:
>

> GNU gdb 6.8-debian
> License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>
> There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.  Type "show copying"
> and "show warranty" for details.
> This GDB was configured as "x86_64-linux-gnu"...
> (gdb) run
> Starting program: /home/wim/Software/Paraview/paraview-3.6/build/bin/paraview
> Executing new program:
> /home/wim/Software/Paraview/paraview-3.6/build/bin/paraview-real
> [New Thread 0x7f9a5dd53790 (LWP 6290)]

> [Switching to Thread 0x7f9a5dd53790 (LWP 6290)]
> 0x00007f9a5bbf51ec in QWidgetPrivate::clipRect () from /usr/lib/libQtGui.so.4
> (gdb)
>

> Thanks for looking into this.
>
> Wim
>

> On Wed, Jul 1, 2009 at 10:16 PM, Utkarsh
> Ayachit<utkarsh.ayachit at kitware.com> wrote:
>> Seems to work for me (even when visibility is changed using display
>> tab) on linux-64 bit. Is that a debug build? Can you provide the stack
>> trace or attach with a debugger and see where it's crashing?
>>
>> Thanks
>> Utkarsh
>>
>> On Tue, Jun 30, 2009 at 9:35 PM, Wim van der
>> Meer<wpjvandermeer at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> To reproduce the crash:
>>> 1. Open a png image file
>>> 2. Close the 2D view
>>> 3. Create a 3D view
>>> 4. In the Object Inspector Display tab click the Visible checkbox