[Paraview] ParaView 3.6.1 crash

Wim van der Meer wpjvandermeer at gmail.com
Wed Jul 1 20:27:18 EDT 2009

It is not a debug build. I am also using a linux 64 bit platform.
Maybe I should mention that I am using Qt 4.5.0
Here is the output when using gdb:

GNU gdb 6.8-debian
and "show warranty" for details.
This GDB was configured as "x86_64-linux-gnu"...
(gdb) run
Starting program: /home/wim/Software/Paraview/paraview-3.6/build/bin/paraview
Executing new program:
/home/wim/Software/Paraview/paraview-3.6/build/bin/paraview-real
[New Thread 0x7f9a5dd53790 (LWP 6290)]

[Switching to Thread 0x7f9a5dd53790 (LWP 6290)]
0x00007f9a5bbf51ec in QWidgetPrivate::clipRect () from /usr/lib/libQtGui.so.4
(gdb)

Thanks for looking into this.

Wim

On Wed, Jul 1, 2009 at 10:16 PM, Utkarsh
Ayachit<utkarsh.ayachit at kitware.com> wrote:
> Seems to work for me (even when visibility is changed using display
> tab) on linux-64 bit. Is that a debug build? Can you provide the stack
> trace or attach with a debugger and see where it's crashing?
>
> Thanks
> Utkarsh
>
> On Tue, Jun 30, 2009 at 9:35 PM, Wim van der
> Meer<wpjvandermeer at gmail.com> wrote:
>> To reproduce the crash:
>> 1. Open a png image file
>> 2. Close the 2D view
>> 3. Create a 3D view
>> 4. In the Object Inspector Display tab click the Visible checkbox
>> 5. Paraview crashes
>>
>> In step 4, clicking the eye in the pipeline browser doesn't crash the software.
>>
>> Wim van der Meer

\/\///\/\