[Paraview] Set directory name on the reader

Biao She shebiao at gmail.com
Mon Feb 9 18:33:32 EST 2009

Hi Utkarsh.
I read your post at
http://markmail.org/message/iswwagv2ejsybjhy#query:paraview%20dicom+page:2+mid:6ex4hkecehwma6t2+state:results
I am currently trying to integrate a DICOM reader to Paraview. The first
problem I met is how to pass a directory name to a paraview reader.
You mentioned that "I just committed a feature to CVS where if the
<UseDirectoryName /> hint is present on the filename property, the directory
name will be used instead of the file name" in your post. I am wondering if
this feature is avaliable in the latest stable verison of Paraview (3.4.0).
I tried the XML code you provided in the latest stable version. It doesn't
work for me. The vtkDICOMReader still only read one DICOM file.
Here is my server side XML files:
<ServerManagerConfiguration>
  <ProxyGroup name="sources">
   <SourceProxy name="DICOMReader"
                class="vtkDICOMImageReader"
                label="DICOM reader">
     <Documentation
       short_help="Read DICOM files."
       long_help="Read DICOM files.">
       The DICOM reader reads DICOM files.
     </Documentation>
     <StringVectorProperty name="Directory"
                            command="SetDirectory"
                            number_of_elements="1">
     <FileListDomain name="files"/>
     <Hints>
         <UseDirectoryName />
     </Hints>
   </StringVectorProperty>
   <!-- End PNGReader -->
   </SourceProxy>
  </ProxyGroup>
</ServerManagerConfiguration>

Maybe I did thing in a wrong way? Thanks very much for your help!

Aaron