[Paraview] RE Outline or Bounding Box?

Stephane PLOIX stephane.ploix at edf.fr
Tue Apr 21 06:27:54 EDT 2009

Hi,

Having a "feature edges" representation would indeed make sense, but it
would not replace the bounding box representation which is a very
lightweight representation (in particular, it does not need the
geometryFilter, which is a costly algorithm) and is needed for large
models.

Regards,
Stéphane

paul.m.edwards at gmail.com
Envoyé par : paraview-bounces at paraview.org
21/04/2009 12:18

paraview at paraview.org
cc

Objet
[Paraview] Outline or Bounding Box?

I would like ParaView to have a bounding box representation and make the
outline actually be the outline of the model.  Some of my users find the
current behaviour confusing as we usually deal either structured of
unstructured grids and, depending on what type of data is loaded, it will
either display an outline or bounding box.  An outline could easily be
created for unstructured grids using the filter "Extract Surface" and then
"Feature edges".  What do other people think about this suggestion?

Regards,