[Paraview] Calling a self made writer from a self made filter

Utkarsh Ayachit utkarsh.ayachit at kitware.com
Thu Oct 23 09:59:25 EDT 2008

Hey Rafael,

First, you'll have to add a property to your filter to call the method
that requests the writing as follows:

<SourceProxy name="MyFilter" class="vtkMyFilter">
   <Property name="Save"
	    command="Save" />
</SourceProxy>

Then you have to create a custom object panel (look at the wiki for
plugin examples) which adds a button and then a callback  to do
something as follows:

void pqMyPanel::callback()
{
   this->proxy()->InvokeCommand("Save");