[Paraview] Custom Object Panels

Rafael March rafaelmarch3 at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 2 10:54:22 EDT 2008

Hey all,

I'm creating a filter with a custom Object Panel, but I still have some doubts.

I am able to create a Panel using Qt Designer, and then load it into my filter extending the class pqLoadedFormObjectPanel. Everything works fine. Qt Designer allows me to create some Slots, but in a limited manner. I couldn't find, for instance, how to capture with a Label the name of the item of a tree. This would require some C++ code, I suppose, to get the QString name from the item. So, I thought in just using the Qt Designer to create the Panel, and using C++ code through my panel class, which extends pqLoadedFormObjectPanel, to create Slots and handle the events associated with the widgets. Is it possible to get the widgets which I created with Qt Designer with my Panel class ? If so, how ? I just can't figure out how to do this.

I don't know also the real difference between pqNamedObjectPanel e pqLoadedFormObjectPanel. I saw the Threshold filter, and it seems that it loads a QT Designer created Panel, but extending pqNamedObjectPanel. I saw in the Paraview Wiki that if you want to use QT Designer, you must extend PqLoadedFormObjectPanel...

Well...any tips are appreciated !

Thanks all !
Rafael March