[Paraview] PVTI, parallel files

Néo NSK n-s-k at mail.com
Thu Oct 2 06:00:41 EDT 2008

Hey

,

On Tue Jan 18 09:09:22 EST 2005, Berk Geveci replying to Roland Schulz :

>> I made the observation, that Gouraud shading is always working for spheres.
>> But for iso-planes it is only working on some machines. Should I look closer
>> why it is working only sometimes, or is it a known problem?
>
>This is known. And it is really not a problem but a feature :-) The
>patented algorithms that computes the isosurfaces for structured
>datasets can also compute normals. If use any other algorithm or input
>type, no normals will be generated during isosurface computation. To
>get smooth shading, you have to apply the normals generation filter to
>the isosurface.
>
>> Reading in a PVTI containing e.g. 32 pieces with 16 processors only gives me
>> half of the data. Reading it in with either 32 or 1 processor(s) works
>> correct? Is this known?
>
>This is a known problem and I believe is in our list of things to fix.
>
>-Berk

I try to visualize a 400 pieces PVTI with a 64 processors cluster and i have the same problem.
I would be very grateful if someone could tell me if there is a way to fix that.
Thank you in advance.

Best regards,

NsK

p.s: sorry for the spam, but my former thread has been filled by irrelevant replies...

--
Be Yourself @ mail.com!
Choose From 200+ Email Addresses
Get a Free Account at www.mail.com