[Paraview] Parameters for Programmable Filter

Sala, Marzio marzio.sala at bmw-sauber.com
Tue Dec 9 10:33:24 EST 2008

Hello,

I have a problem with user-defined parameters for the "Programmable Filter".

In my case, I wrote a filter using the "Programmable Filter", then this filter is grouped with some others using the "Create Custom Filter".
My problem is that the programmable filter requires a parameter to be defined by the user. This parameter is nothing but a Python variable.
What I did was to add the entire script to the custom filter so that it can be modified, but this exposes the entire script and makes it more difficult for a user to understand what to do.

Is there a preferred location for such user parameter?

Thanks,
-Marzio

Freundliche Grüsse / Kind regards
Marzio Sala