[Paraview] Animated Parameter Annotation

Kent Eschenberg eschenbe at psc.edu
Fri Apr 18 15:06:35 EDT 2008

Utkarsh Ayachit wrote:
> Here's how to add a callback function
>
> def myCallback(obj, calldata):
>   """obj is the vtkObject that fired the event"""
>   print "Event fired!"
>   return
>
> cutPlane.AddObserver( "PropertyModifiedEvent", myCallback )

Works great but unfortunately obj contains the old value, not the one to which the animator has just changed. I think the new value is buried in obj somewhere but cannot discover how to get it.

My workaround: I ignore obj and use the current value from cutPlane.

Suggestions?

Kent
Pittsburgh Supercomputing Center