[Paraview] Filter Plot Cell over Time: BUG?

Martin Larcher martin.larcher at jrc.it
Tue Apr 8 02:28:43 EDT 2008

Hi,
I have some problems with the filter 'Plot Cell over Time'.
I use ParaView 3.2.1 (Windows) with pvd and vtu files. This works very fine.
Also the filter 'Plot Cell over Time' works well by using it without groups
in the pvd file.

If I want to plot the cell data over time with groups I have to extract one
group with 'Extract Datasets' (otherwise I get an error message "Can only
select points or cells from a subclass of vtkDataSet").
If I use then with one extracted group the filter 'Plot Cell over Time' I
get the same error message. If I ignore the message and press Apply,
ParaView crushes.

Is it
* a problem in my data files (see an example with two elements in two groups
http://www.larcher.de/static/bug.zip)
* not possible to visualize cells over time by using cells in groups
* a special problem of the Windows version
* a bug in ParaView

Thank you for a feedback!
Martin

--
Dr.-Ing. Martin Larcher
European Commission - Joint Research Centre (JRC)
martin.larcher at jrc.it
http://www.elsa.jrc.it/
+390332789004