[Paraview] Build .app bundle on Mac OS X

Michael Wild themiwi at gmail.com
Wed Apr 2 10:20:34 EDT 2008

Thanks, this worked, at least partially. I do get the .app with the
frameworks included, but unfortunately, the install_name's of the
libraries in the MacOS directory are the ones in the build tree, and
not something like @executable_path/libxxx.dylib. I fixed this with:

cd paraview-3.3.0/paraview.app/Contents/MacOS
for l in *.dylib paraview; do for f in $(otool -L $l | grep
"something_matching_your_build_dir" | awk '{print $1}'); do
ff=@executable_path/$(basename $f); install_name_tool -change $f $ff
$l; done; done

Michael