[Paraview] Batch, X and MPI

Kent Eschenberg eschenbe at psc.edu
Tue Oct 10 12:18:49 EDT 2006

To review: I'm trying to get pvbatch 2.4.4 to run without an X server.

--On 10/10/2006 08:42:04 AM -0400 hobbsk at ohiou.edu wrote:
> I keep seeing that a display is looked for unless VTK_USE_OFFSCREEN is
> set. This option only becomes available after either the OSMesa library
> is found or the mangled Mesa library is found.

ccmake was run, the flag was set to on, and cmake was asked to regenerate the make files. I verified that the flag was on by looking at CMakeCache.txt and reran make. But I still get the message

======
ERROR: In /usr/local/packages/paraview/2.4.4/src/VTK/Rendering/vtkXOpenGLRenderWindow.cxx, line 477
vtkXOpenGLRenderWindow (141757600): bad X server connection.
======

I thought that pvbatch was fixed over a year ago so that it didn't need an X server. Have I perhaps missed some other flag?

This has become an urgent problem here and any advice would be much appreciated.

Kent
Pittsburgh Supercomputing Center