[Paraview] Parallel Volume Rendering in Paraview

Moreland, Kenneth kmorel at sandia.gov
Tue Oct 10 11:03:37 EDT 2006

Yes, yes, and yes.

-Ken

________________________________

From: paraview-bounces+kmorel=sandia.gov at paraview.org
[mailto:paraview-bounces+kmorel=sandia.gov at paraview.org] On Behalf Of
Mario
Sent: Tuesday, October 10, 2006 8:11 AM
To: Kevin H. Hobbs; paraview at paraview.org
Subject: Re: [Paraview] Parallel Volume Rendering in Paraview

2006/10/10, Kevin H. Hobbs <hobbsk at ohiou.edu>:

	Yes, and it's AWESOME. It saved me DAYS on some volume rendered
movies I
	made. Brian Wylie set me straight a while back on the vtk list.
Take a
	look at the attached pdf.

http://public.kitware.com/pipermail/vtkusers/2006-May/085278.html

Wow that's great!
So, I'm a newbie and I want to understand how Paraview works doing this
parallel volume rendering... The approach used is a client/server
separation, load balancing is achieved by a kd tree (D3) distrbution and
the final image is composited by the server hardware alpha blending...
Am I right?
Is MPI used?
It's possible that the ordered compositing uses the Sandia's IceT
library?

Cheers
Mario