[Paraview] Parallel Volume Rendering in Paraview

Mario mario.orefice at gmail.com
Tue Oct 10 10:10:52 EDT 2006

2006/10/10, Kevin H. Hobbs <hobbsk at ohiou.edu>:

> Yes, and it's AWESOME. It saved me DAYS on some volume rendered movies I
> made. Brian Wylie set me straight a while back on the vtk list. Take a
> look at the attached pdf.
>
> http://public.kitware.com/pipermail/vtkusers/2006-May/085278.html

Wow that's great!
So, I'm a newbie and I want to understand how Paraview works doing this
parallel volume rendering... The approach used is a client/server
separation, load balancing is achieved by a kd tree (D3) distrbution and the
final image is composited by the server hardware alpha blending... Am I
right?
Is MPI used?
It's possible that the ordered compositing uses the Sandia's IceT library?

Cheers
Mario