[Paraview] pv2.9 features...

Berk Geveci berk.geveci at gmail.com
Fri Oct 6 09:37:29 EDT 2006

Hi Fred,

> 1) Center of rotation (?) seems to be set to (0,0,0), not to the middle
> of the scene, as before. Or am I wrong ?

This is a know issue that also drives me crazy :-) Hopefully, we will fix it
relatively soon.

2) I can't get setting up scalar color bar. Where is it gone ? Clicking
> on "Edit Color Map" button only shows

a "Color Map Editor" button.

You can do it now. There are two ways of doing it in the current release. Go
to the display tab, like paraview 2.  Or right click on a source and bring
up the display properties.

> 3) In View menu, where "3D View Properties" item has gone ?
> 4) I can't get setting label color for OrientationAxes.

Try Edit -> Settings _after_ you create a view. The view settings is per
view. New views inherit the settings of the last view. We will re-organize
the location of these menu commands.

Or PV3 is so different that I'm completely lost ?

It is not completely different but there are some differences. Some of these
is to fix mistakes we made in paraview 2, some of them are to support new
features like multiple views, plot views etc...