[Paraview] Problem with parallel module

Wylie, Brian bnwylie at sandia.gov
Tue Oct 3 18:42:25 EDT 2006

Greg,

Observation: I wouldn't rely on IceT to precisely show you the piece
being renderer on each server. Meaning that's not one of the use cases
we care about... it may not be flipping the back buffer, node 0 may show
an image of  the model already 'composited', etc... you can ask Ken
Moreland for elaboration on the exact characteristics. But in any case
the images that you see on the server side may be misleading...

The first thing I would suggest is trying any of the existing 'sources'
or readers that already work in parallel, and then either looking at the
server windows or (the better option given the comment above) running
the 'ProcessIdScalars' filter to color the data by the processor id
thats working on that piece.

First Option
1) Source....Sphere...
2) Filter... ProcessIdScalars

Second option is to use any of the existing readers on data that you can
find in VTKData or ParaViewData repositories. pvtp, pvtu, pvtr, etc....
all of these readers/datatypes will 'do the right thing' when run on
multiple processors. After reading in the data you can do the
'ProcessIds' filter.

Please let me know if any of these suggestions are helpful.... :)

  Brian Wylie - Org 1424
  Sandia National Laboratories
  MS 0822 - Building 880/A1-J
  (505)844-2238 FAX(505)845-0833