RES: [Paraview] Livedata 0.001

Renato N. Elias rnelias at nacad.ufrj.br
Thu Nov 30 20:01:26 EST 2006

It sounds interesting, but what is really new is the idea of PV
automatically reloading the data when something new is written. I'm saying
it because It's not hard to see your results when it's being created. In
fact, we could "easily" do it when using Ensight Server-of-Server format.
The processes write the pieces of data (geometry, scalar and vector files),
thus, the case and sos files are updated accordingly. In this case the user
only have the annoyance of reloadind the dataset all the time he likes to
see what's happening with his simulation. Of course, during this processes
you'll lose your pipeline...

Renato.