[paraview] vtk thread

El Boustany Cristiano kriminal at inwind.it
Thu Nov 23 03:58:36 EST 2006

Hi Kent,
I'm writing a module that move a pointer (a cone) by this sensor attached by usb to my pc. this module must run under Paraview (I'm working with v2.4.4) because the "cone" had to move on a 3D model of vascular system...
I tried to write a simple C++ program that loop ad acquire data...but It takes all the priority for acquiring and paraview update the display only at last loop...so I must absolutely use threads for solve this problem...I need at least one thread (for acquisition).

I'm sorry if I wrote this post in the paraview list but I posted it also in the vtk list...

thank u for the help