[Paraview] read starcd ensight mesh

Berk Geveci berk.geveci at kitware.com
Sat Nov 18 15:32:36 EST 2006

Hi Fabian,

Which file format are you using? Legacy VTK? It should work with the
tetra mesh. I will not work with the polyhedra mesh unfortunately. VTK
(hence ParaView) does not currently support polyhedral cells. Although
starccm+ visualization engine is built on top of VTK, they developed
the polyhedra support independently and are keeping it proprietary. I
hope that in the future we will have the opportunity to add polyhedra
support to VTK.

-berk

On 11/18/06, Fabian Braennstroem <f.braennstroem at gmx.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> sorry, but I want to ask again, if anybody has used paraview
> together with starccm+ or starcd version 4.00 or 3.26.
> Now, I got paraview 2.4.4 installed in my office on an 64bit
> machine.  I
> tried to load polyhedra results from starccm+ and starcd
> version 4.00. This time it does not crash, but nothing
> happens; I just see the variables. I tried to change the
> export to binary, but I got the same result. Later on I used
> a tetra mesh from the old version with the same result.
>
> I wonder, if nobody uses starcd together with paraview and
> has the same problems like I do!? I am the first at our
> company, so I hope that there will be more of us in the next
> months, but for that it has to work with starcd...
>
> Would be nice to get any hint!
> Greetings!
> Fabian
>
> --