[Paraview] Compile Errors with ParaView and my own Modules

Mike Jackson mike.jackson at imts.us
Tue Nov 14 22:35:37 EST 2006

OK.. Check that last email.. After Kent Eschenberg let me take a look at a
working project I finally figured out what I was doing wrong.

I had the name of the Server Manager file ending in ".pvsm" which is a no
no. It _must_ end with ".xml" which in hindsight makes complete sense
because it _is_ an xml file. But to have a compile fail solely based on the
file extension and NOT the actual content of the file is a bit restrictive.

Regardless I now have a working project and combined ParaView build.

Thanks to those who contributed time and effort to helping me out.

Mike

On 11/14/06 12:50 PM, "Mike Jackson" <mike.jackson at imts.us> wrote:

> After working with Andy last night it would seem that there is a serious bug
> with the ParaView 2.4.4 Release. If I use the Latest CVS and comment out
> some of the XML then I can get a combined compile of my code and ParaView.
>
>   I think a new release of ParaView may be coming so I am not holding out
> hope of a fix in the 2.4.4 branch.
>
> Mike Jackson
>
> On 11/14/06 5:22 AM, "El Boustany Cristiano" <kriminal at inwind.it> wrote:
>
>> hi,
>> I've problems writing my own xml files. I read that you already write this
>> file...can you sand me an example of ServerManager and Gui xml files? always
>> if I don't ask you too much.
>> thank you in advance...
>>
>> bye

>>> make[2]: *** [Servers/ServerManager/vtkSMGeneratedModules.h] Error 1