[Paraview] FieldView to ParaView File Converter

Paul Wells pauljwells at mac.com
Wed Jan 25 16:50:20 EST 2006

If this is of use to anybody, I have written a simple file converter
that reads ascii (not binary) FieldView format surface, mesh or
streamline files and outputs files in legacy .vtk unstructured grid
format.

The files I have needed to convert have been of a fairly narrow type,
so I suspect this may not work for many other cases, but it could be a
start. I'd be pleased to hear of any successes or failures!

It compiles under linux, the usual ./configure, make, sudo make install
puts it into /usr/local/bin.

The syntax is fvpv <FieldView File>

output is <FieldView File>.vtk

Hope this is useful