[Paraview] Writing Binary files

N Harrison noel.harrison at nuigalway.ie
Mon Feb 20 06:44:33 EST 2006

Sam,Stephane,Renato
Thanks very much for your information to date. Seeing as you have tried
using VTK-XML and Ensight file format, which type would you recommend using
for large models? I am generating large models at the moment using FORTRAN
90 to create legacy ASCII VTK files and they are getting quite large. I have
started to write them in a binary format  because of their small file size.
I don't have any experience yet of XML or Ensight, what are their main
advantages/disadvantages in your opinion for displaying large models? Quite
a lot of information has been posted lately on this mailing service about
creating Ensight files, including your own responses (very helpful), so I
just wanted to see if this format was recommended over binary XML files.

Kind regards,
Noel