[Paraview] Paraview client-Server

Sean Ziegeler, Contractor seanzig.ctr at navo.hpc.mil
Thu Aug 10 13:31:17 EDT 2006

Randall,
As you probably know, our configuration is very similar to yours in that
only the head node(s) have external access.  We routinely use
client/server mode successfully in conjunction with parallel
processing.  As stated by others, you simply have to force the first
rank (#0) MPI process to run on a head node.  If that is your only
concern, you should be ok.

The difference, however, is that we are using MPIRenderModule (we aren't
tiling the display).  You'll want to be sure IceTDesktop doesn't
deviate, but from the other responses on the list, I'm guessing not.

-Sean