[Paraview] which VTK

Berk Geveci berk.geveci at gmail.com
Tue Dec 13 11:56:58 EST 2005

CVS ParaView uses CVS VTK. When ParaView is branched for a release, VTK is
also branched. We used to support using an external VTK but we had too many
complaints  that turned out to be mismatching versions of VTK and ParaView.
Because of this, we stopped supporting using an external VTK. You have to
change ParaView CMakeLists.txt files in order to allow for the use of an
external VTK and I don't think it's straightforward to do. I keep separate
builds of VTK and ParaView. If you are using VTK only from C++, you can use
the VTK built by ParaView instead of keeping a separate VTK.

-Berk