[Paraview] compiling 1.6 on sgi altix

Dave Semeraro semeraro at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Wed Oct 13 15:31:02 EDT 2004

Hello,

Does anyone have any experience in building paraview on an sgi altix
system? I have been trying
to build paraview on ours and have had no luck. I started with the gnu
compilers but they dont
seem to be able to do the job. The first failure occurred building the
vtkTestFilters. There was
a problem linking to vtkCommon.a. Other errors occurred as I tried various
things to get the
system to compile. I would be interested in hearing from anyone who has had
success with
building on an altix. In particular some indication of what cmake options
have to be enabled
or disabled would be great.

Thanks
Dave

Dave Semeraro Ph.D.
Visualization and Virtual Environments Group
NCSA University of Illinois
605 E. Springfield Ave.
Champaign, IL 61820
Semeraro at ncsa.uiuc.edu