[Paraview] Image animation is slow

Henry J. Karpf hjkarpf at sandia.gov
Tue Jun 1 13:45:29 EDT 2004

I have a VTK file that si an unstructured grid of cells that are cell
type 5, i believe, which is the triangles.  When i lode this file up it
animates really slow, it is about 14000 cells times 300 times steps and
when i open it from my file it is slow like maybe 1 frame every second
or so. But then if i save the data to the paraview format and re open
the paraview format it is much faster? Why is my format not fast it is
just the information to build the model no more? Thanks for any help.