[Paraview] paraview test failures

Lee Ankeny laa at lanl.gov
Mon, 23 Feb 2004 10:01:34 -0700

Hi,
I'm having trouble replicating test results as displayed on the dartboard.
Below are the first few lines of the output from 'make test'. The first
couple dozen tests pass, and nearly everything afterwards fails. Two tests
('TestQuantizeto16Colors-image' and the first 'TestXML') seem to hang
indefinitely.

This is on Linux with gcc 3.2.2, type=Debug, but I'm getting similar behavior
with type=Release and on Mac OS X 10.3 and OSF1, all with g++. I wonder if
I'm using the right compiler? It's not obvious to me which versions of the
compilers are exercised on the dartboard.

Thanks,
Lee

[laa at alpha paraview-1.2.1-Linux-Debug]$ make test
Building dependencies. cmake.depends...
/usr/local/bin/cmake -S/home/laa/paraview-1.2.1
-O/laa/paraview-1.2.1-Linux-Debug -H/home/laa/paraview-1.2.1
-B/laa/paraview-1.2.1-Linux-Debug
Building tests test...
/usr/local/bin/ctest
Test project
Changing directory into /laa/paraview-1.2.1-Linux-Debug/VTK/Common/Testing/Cxx
Testing ObjectFactory                     Passed
Testing otherArrays                       Passed
Testing otherEmptyCell                    Passed
Testing otherRectilinearGrid              Passed
Testing otherCellBoundaries               Passed
Testing otherCellDerivatives              Passed
Testing otherCellPosition                 Passed
Testing otherStructuredGrid               Passed
Testing otherTimerLog                     Passed
Testing otherLookupTable                  Passed
Testing otherByteSwap                     Passed
Testing otherCellArray                    Passed
Testing otherCellTypes                    Passed
Testing otherFieldData                    Passed
Testing quadraticEvaluation               Passed
Testing TestAmoebaMinimizer               Passed
Testing TestImageIterator                 Passed
Testing TestDirectory                     Passed
Testing TestSmartPointer                  Passed
Testing SystemInformation                 Passed
Testing TestCxxFeatures                   Passed
Testing TestInstantiator                  Passed
Changing directory into /laa/paraview-1.2.1-Linux-Debug/VTK/Common/Testing/Tcl
Testing otherInterp                       Passed
Testing otherPrint                        Passed
Testing TestEmptyInput                    Passed
Testing TestSetGet                        Passed
Testing TestArrays                        Passed
Testing otherDataSetAttributes            Passed
Testing TestAmoebaMinimizer               Passed
Testing PrintSelf-Common                  Passed
Testing TestSetObjectMacro-Common         Passed
Changing directory into /laa/paraview-1.2.1-Linux-Debug/VTK/Common/Testing
Testing HeaderTesting-Common              Passed
Changing directory into
/laa/paraview-1.2.1-Linux-Debug/VTK/Filtering/Testing/Cxx
Testing otherColorTransferFunction        Passed
Changing directory into
/laa/paraview-1.2.1-Linux-Debug/VTK/Filtering/Testing/Tcl
Testing closedSplines-image            ***Failed
... and virtually every test after this fails...