[Paraview] Compiling ParaView on MacOSX10.2

Berk Geveci berk.geveci@kitware.com
10 Dec 2002 10:35:20 -0500

> I built ParaView using Quartz (at least I tried to).  The Tcl/Tk
> libraries were the ones for Quartz and worked for building VTK just
> fine.

This is the problem. ParaView does not compile or work well with Quartz
(yet) because:

1. Tcl/Tk for native OS X is not there yet. There are still things that
behave differently than on X or Windows or things that don't work at
all,
2. We had no time/resources to make the necessary changes to the
ParaView source

If you have X installed and working on your Mac, you can build VTK
and ParaView with X and then ParaView should work ok. I think there has
been discussions on the VTK mailing list on how to do it.

-Berk