[Paraview] file formats and stereo viewing

Berk Geveci berklist@nycap.rr.com
10 Dec 2002 08:46:29 -0500

> 	Does anyone know where I can get hold of a definition of the
> parallel file formats used by paraview/VTK?

We are working on it. It will be out with or before the next User's
Guide, probably in a few weeks. It will be on the web.

> 	Also I was wanting to add the functionality of a stereoscopic
> display to paraview, can anyone comment on how straight forward this may, or
> may not, be?

Depends. On a single processor (and assuming that VTK support the
stereo mode you are interested in), it would require a few lines of
change. It is also easy when running in parallel and using collect
(rendering locally on the first process). However, running in parallel
and using sort-last compositing, it would be a lot tougher. I think the
z-buffer is handled differently when in stereo mode and the compositing
code has to be made aware of this.

-Berk