[Paraview-developers] ParaView 5.5.0-RC3 problem importing h5py?

Shawn Waldon shawn.waldon at kitware.com
Thu Mar 15 09:11:30 EDT 2018

Hi Jean,

I'm curious why this doens't work.  In VTK/ParaView we mangle all the HDF5
symbols so that it shouldn't conflict with an external HDF5 (like the one
from h5py).  In theory you should be able to load both with nothing
conflicting, and the VTK list has helped us find conflicting symbols and
write scripts for symbol mangling so none are missed.  Was there a symbol
conflict or was the OS being "smart" and refusing to load two versions of
the same library even though they have completely different symbols?

Shawn