[Paraview-developers] OpenGL context provider: Qt5 or other?

Utkarsh Ayachit utkarsh.ayachit at kitware.com
Wed Oct 4 13:41:15 EDT 2017

Paul,

ParaView with Qt 5 let's Qt create the OpenGL context.  The code to
look into is the QVTKOpenGLWidget [1].

> More concretely: can I build an (NVidia) GPU-accelerated version of the ParaView client if the underlying Qt5 is using Mesa as its OpenGL implementation? Or do the library symbols clash in this case?

The GL version you get depends on the libGL loaded at runtime more
than that you linked against (unless you're using mangled GL/Mesa).

 [1] https://gitlab.kitware.com/vtk/vtk/blob/master/GUISupport/Qt/QVTKOpenGLWidget.h