[Paraview-developers] New color map for colorblind folks

David Thompson david.thompson at kitware.com
Thu Oct 13 21:02:08 EDT 2016

Hi Alan,

I would be worried that -- even though the palette allows people with one form of color blindness or another to distinguish values -- that it might create perceptual problems for them. We might try one of the color-blindness simulators (like http://www.color-blindness.com/coblis-color-blindness-simulator/ ) to see whether the simulated images contain artificial perceptual discontinuities due to sharp changes in the apparent luminance or hue.

    David