[Paraview-developers] New color map for colorblind folks

Scott, W Alan wascott at sandia.gov
Thu Oct 13 19:45:50 EDT 2016

Here is a proposed color map  for use by colorblind folks.  It was created here at Sandia by some of our color blind engineers for a different project.  Evidently, this group included folks with different types of color blindness.  Although it isn’t my favorite, it appears to be fairly well balanced, and we can’t say it is bad for color blind folks…

Should we put ColorBlind in the name?  I don’t want to label folks, but I want to make clear why this color map exists…

We could also put it out on paraview.org if we like.  Ask the community if it is a good color blind color map…

Thoughts?

Alan